Saturday, April 05, 2008

Constant Cycle

Does this ever happen to you? I made the Devil Dog cake and have two yolks left over. They sit together in a plastic container. Two little yellow round buddies just waiting to be useful. (The husband can't stand it. "You never use those." he exclaims. "Let's just have scrambled eggs.") Perhaps leaving those yolks in the refridgerator to dry out and mold was the old me. However, I am starting to try to be better about creating new things. Those two little yolks are like a promise of things to come. It's like sunrise and flowers in spring! (the round yellow ones anyway)



I am now pouring over recipes. What to make? A curd? A tequila lime pound cake? Better yet...ICE CREAM!? I have just come across a wonderful recipe for butterscotch pudding. I have made pudding before at the last job I had and it was amazing. Better than amazing...superb, fantastic, phenominal! It was gone before I knew it, with people asking for more.

What is better than making butterscotch pudding? The fact that it calls for four yolks and I have only two! Which means that there is a possibility of something tomorrow with two whites....a constant cycle of wonderment. WHAT TO MAKE?!

No comments: