Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Brainstorming new ideas

I have become obsessed with Pate de Fruit. Obsessed. I think about all of the flavors I want to do when I am at work. Unfortunately, we are going through a slow season so I get kicked out before I can play around. I love these little jellies because it is like a kick in the tastebuds. You eat one and WHAM! you get this amazing fruit sensation.

Current ideas I am kicking around:
Strawberry, basalmic (white?), thyme
Carrot, orange, thyme
Blueberry with pineapple sage
Coconut and lime
Chocolate and Raspberry (without burning the chocolate)
Peach and Muscat
ect...

My list is extremely long...

Also brainstorming ideas for height on a plated dessert when the humidity is at 98%, it has been incredibly hot lately and the rain is unreal. The final product turns limp or melts depending on what I am using.

-sugar, on top of limestone...bubble? Pulling creates a product that melts easier.
-chocolate
-tuille has been falling limp(perhaps a butter sugar tuille would be more resistant)
-fruit paste rollup
-brittles
-nougatines
-plaquettes
-streusel

Still need ideas....

1 comment:

Jason Jasperse said...

That cake looked awesome the other day, BTW. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to eat it.


wingnut