Monday, October 27, 2008

You Are Only As Good As Your Waitstaff

Conversation between me and a male waiter in the elevator going to the high end restuarant:

Waiter: "Hey what's that you got there?"

Me: "Oh gooseberries. We got a lot of them for a tasting so we have been putting them on the brulee."

Waiter: "No way. Really? We had no idea what those were. We've been telling the guests that they were DINGLEBERRIES all week."

WHAT!? Dingleberries? I'll have you know that if you type in Dingleberries into Wikipedia.org it redirects you to FECES! To POOPS! To be honest when he said it that is all I could picture in my head...you have just told the guest that there are "feces" on your brulee.

I shouldn't be surprised though. These are the same people that said that duck was a seafood because it can swim.

1 comment:

Jason Jasperse said...

Wow...dingleberries. Sounds to me like the new waitstaff got taken for a ride, like when we used to tell the new kid at McDonald's to go downstairs for buns from the bakery.